Friday, August 21, 2009

Yachats

Michael and I have been in the coastal town of Yachats, Oregon for the past 3 days. I have never stayed in Yachats before. It is 3 hours from our house--that's a little far. Cannon Beach is the closest beach town to our house and is only about an hour and 20 minutes away. We are in Yachats for the occasion of my youngest brother's wedding.

We rented a little house about two blocks from the small town of Yachats. It provides us easy access to the beach with ocean views as well as walking distance to a number of tasty restaurants. Our little rental house is SO cute. I would like to have a house just like this--in Cannon Beach!


One of the highly recommended eateries is Green Salmon:
(we also really like Luna Sea for fish & chips)

I am now addicted to the Green Salmon's Blackberry Toast. A heavenly concoction of thick slices of bread covered in mascarpone cheese and fresh whole blackberries topped with honey and powdered sugar:
Michael brought me this for breakfast this morning because I was busily prepping vegetables destined for salads to be served at the rehearsal dinner. Making salad for approx. 80 people is not that easy... and of course I had to complicate it by making three different kinds. In my quest for delicious and filling salad recipes, I ran across a really fun website: The Pioneer Woman - Ree Drummond. The Pioneer Woman has this amazing Asian Linguine Salad recipe that I made for the dinner. I also made a Mexican chopped salad and an old standby Caesar Salad. I definitely could have just gone with the Asian Linguine and the Mexican chopped. We had plenty of food. Andy's favorite chicken sour cream enchiladas were a big hit.

So I spent the morning chopping vegetables in our fully equipped kitchen (thank you Ocean Dream) and....


... looking out at this:

We also made the trek down to the Heceta Head Lighthouse Bed & Breakfast where baby brother Andy will marry Lindsay tomorrow evening.
the rehearsal went off without a hitch. This is one gorgeous location for a wedding.
The old lighthouse is up the hill....
Joey and Sammy will be ushers.
We are very much looking forward to this big day. We plan to explore the tide pools at Devil's Churn tomorrow morning. Actually, our good memories may bring us back to this place for another visit. Why not....

What's an extra hour and a half in the car?

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

wow, i sure hope i stood with better posture for the real thing!! will you send me any pics from the festivities? also, i know i've told you about thirty times already, but your salads were AMAZING!! Thanks again for everything!!