Monday, August 31, 2009

Moving on with my life....

Yes, this is the last blog (by me, at least) to be posted from our summer trip to Rome & the Mediterranean. I know, I know... its all very sad, but nothing compared to the feeling when I was quarantined and alarms went off when I tried to exit the ship for our glorious day on the Amalfi Coast. Okay, Okay, I promise I won't bring it up again (wink wink).

Joey took most of these pictures. They got to go on a boat ride along the Amalfi Coast and then stop in the really cute town of Amalfi in the Salerno Province.



It appears as if everyone enjoyed themselves thoroughly.

Below: St Andrews Church
Chocolate dipped citrus candy, a specialty of the area:
They also visited Pompeii where they learned about the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in 79 AD which buried everything alive, but left voids in the ash. They discovered that if they filled the voids with plaster they could make molds of exactly what things looked like beneath the volcanic destruction. There are molds of people, animals and other remnants of normal daily life.
They all had a really nice time, or so I hear...


No comments: