When you come out of the storm
you won't be the same person that walked in.
That's what the storm is all about.
In January of this year, I walked into a storm. I am still trying to find my way out. Along the way, I am learning a few things about myself and life, and I am daily reminded of some things I already knew.
1) In many ways I am weak. I thought I was strong.
2) In many ways I am strong. I thought I was weak.
3) Being a good partner is not about trying to change a person to meet your expectations. Being a good partner is about accepting people, believing in them, and being there for them.
4) Some things when broken, can never be repaired or replaced.
5) True happiness most definitely comes from within. Other people and things cannot make me happy. I am responsible for my own happiness.
6) I need to be present in my life, every day. No excuses.
7) My mental health is as important as my physical health.
8) I can feel abject fear and disappointment and still go on.
9) I have an unlimited capacity to love people, even people who have wronged me.
10) I am a survivor.