Monday, October 4, 2010

40th Anniversary Photos

Judy and George celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary on September 19, 2010. We had a little party for them last Saturday. They requested family only for this casual party, well + one dear friend. We were missing a few key family members, however, we partied on anyway.

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!



We started the party at a nice decent 2:00pm in the afternoon...

The gorgeous flowers were from More and More Flowers, thanks to a Facebook high school reconnection:





We also enjoyed delicious appetizers from Eat Your Heart Out Catering:

Mini Roast Beef and Horseradish Sandwiches

Crab Gougeres

Stuffed New Potatoes with Sour Cream, Olives & Sundried Tomatoes

Shrimp in Phyllo

Oregon Pear & Gorgonzola Bruschetta


The two-tiered Beaverton Bakery Cake was so pretty (and delicious)!







Some of the guests (Jeannie & Tawnjia) brought their really really cute disney purses. They got them this past summer at Disneyland. I want one!


The weather was perfect and the deck turned in to the most popular spot:

Danny

Danny, Uncle Bob, Norm, Dad & Tawnjia


Kathleen & Jeannie

Lisa



Tawnjia

Norm

Uncle Bob

Cake Time!:

Sammy gets the first piece?


Sammy and Michael

Dad enjoying his cake!

Our present was a watercolor painting of Riley painted by a local Salem artist.

Actually, Riley wasn't feeling all that well that day:

 Chris and Akiko got Mom and Dad a gorgeous Ruby colored bowl from Tiffany:
(we actually put some rose petals in it, but shhhh, don't tell Chris)

A book from Aunt Sharon & Uncle Bob:

Mom and Aunt Sharon


I took group photos as the guests left... of course Sammy was the first to head out. Why am I not surprised!


Actually this is my favorite photo, but my camera started going haywire with the lighting and focus so the quality isn't great, but I still love it. I should have taken the photos outside, but hey, hindsight is always 20/20.


Grampy, Grammy, Aunt Tiffy & Sammy


Aunt Tiffy and Grammy


Tawnjia, Jeannie, Dad, Mom

Aunt Sharon, Mom, Dad, Uncle Bob

Peter, Kathleen, Lisa


Kathleen, Lisa, Dad & Mom
(oh no, I think I was fiddling around with my camera too long, everyone except Kathleen looks like they are getting a little frustrated)

I had to kick on the flash, Norm & Peter (Peter always has an interesting expression)


Dad, Mom & Norm

Michael and I closed out the joint at about 9:30pm, no pictures of me, of course--just the way I like it :)!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Kari, until I read the caption I thought you had put potato chips in that bowl! (And thank you for picking it up for us, by the way.) Looking at all those canap├ęs and the cake made me hungry.

kjlubitz said...

Oh my gosh, this is a milestone... you posted a comment on my blog. How exciting! When I went back and looked at the photo, I realize it does look like potato chips :). The party was fun and it was a beautiful day.