Monday, June 28, 2010

Too Good To Be True?

This post is about hair.
Most people are just not going to care about this post at all.
That's okay, I totally understand.

But I am going to do this anyway.
I started going to a new hair salon.
I have crazy hair. It is course and dry and wavy and thick.
It has always been a kind of thorn in my side.
I regularly do absolutely nothing with it but let it air dry and then put part of it back in a pony tail so I can see properly.

The new hair stylist recommended a treatment for my hair.
It is a Brazilian Keratin Treatment and is supposed to work miracles by making thick, course, wavy hair straight, sleek and shiny. It is supposed to be safe, not harsh like perms.
It is expensive, but what the heck. I gave it a try.

Here are a couple of pictures of my hair before the treatment:





And here is my hair after. No one was home to take my photo, so I used the Photo Booth software. The lighting is horrible so the photo isn't great, but seriously, this stuff is like a miracle.
This is now what my hair looks like after letting it air dry and doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to it. I don't even need to use conditioner any more. No more hair dryers or flat irons. I have washed it three times since the treatment and it still comes out wonderful. I find myself just running my hands through my hair not believing it is even my hair. It is supposed to last 3-6 months. The only downside is now my hair does get oily after a day without washing. Before I could go 2, 3 or even 4 days without my hair needing washing. I am just not used to oily hair. It's a perfectly fair tradeoff in my opinion.

Now to see how long it lasts. It takes about 3 1/2 hours to have done and it is very expensive, so I hope it lasts the full six months!


3 comments:

joey said...

oh my!

Unknown said...

Well... is "oh my!" a good thing, or a bad thing? Once again, I am confused by my own child!

Lindsay said...

Wow Kari! It looks great!